Byron Center AYSO
|Coach Specific Information
|Thank you for volunteering to coach! Please remember both your coordinators and the rest of the board is
here to help you! Please click on Meet the Board if you need to contact one of us!
While the spring session doesn't begin until April, we will be contacting you in February to contact your players.
We ask early so you can find out if you need to unexpectedly replace a player that has dropped. We have
waiting lists, but we can't guarantee how long the lists will last. The longer you wait, the bigger chance we won't
have a player to replace your lost player. That may mean playing short.
If you would like a refresher course in any soccer skills, please contact our coach administrator. Mike would be
happy to go over any questions you may have and is willing to meet with you as well for some face-to-face. We
want you to feel ready for the new session!
Some helpful hints from our experience:
- We no longer ask for uniform sizes from parents. We offer generic sizing for each age group. Our
suggestion is the day you hand out uniforms, line up the kids smallest to biggest and then hand out shirts
smallest to biggest.
- Set up a snack schedule yourself. If parents need to swap weekends, let them work it out themselves.
- Ask your players to arrive 10 minutes early to the game because inevitably some will be late.
- If you are traveling, call the other coach ahead of time to make sure nothing has changed.
- Tell the parents the kids love to play in the rain, it's only the adults that don't care for it. We play in the
rain unless it is lightening. Early game cancellations don't mean later games will also be cancelled.
Storms move through quickly.
- Remind your parents you are not a babysitting service. Practices end on time.
Click on the links below for more information.